Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

One Week Old

Brooklyn,
You are such a blessing! This week has been more wonderful than I could have ever dreamed. You are eating well, sleeping well, and do not cry often. Every parents dream!

I had a hard time nursing Branson due to low milk supply, so I was really worried that the same thing would happen this time. I started out better by waking her up to nurse her every two hours for about three days and then going to every two hours during the day and every three hours at night. So far it has been working. At her one week appt, she weighed 6 lbs 8 oz, which is only 4 oz from birth weight. We go back next Thursday to make sure she is gaining weight. So far, so good!
We have to wake you up at night to eat after three hours, so I dont really know how long you would sleep on your own. Probably at least four hours...you are totally out when I am trying to wake you up! Feels funny to wake a sleeping baby, but you eat and go back to sleep so easily. I am actually getting more sleep now than I was when I was big pregnant. Between all the fun pregnancy symptoms, like heartburn and frequent potty trips, I was up at night A LOT. I feel much more rested this week. Crazy!

I still can't believe that you aren't even suppose to be here for another week! I also can't believe how quickly another little one can plant themselves into your heart. We are so blessed.

We love you, baby girl, and I couldn't imagine our family any other way. Happy One Week!

3 comments:

Lisa Mae said...

truly, what a blessing kara!

ML said...

I LOVE these pictures. She is just beautiful!!

The Unruhs said...

Wow Kara!!! She is probably the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I mean it!!!